Music mood of today: gangster rap. I made dinner to Dr. Dre Chronic 2001. It was heavenly. I love going through my old CD's and seeing what jumps out at me.
Turns out there even more amazing things going on this weekend. Consider it Weekend Wanderings Part II. And for those that can't enjoy these amazing Seattle events, I'll share some pretty cool online shopping finds.
Saturday, September 15th
Mobile Food Rodeo – The Mobile Food Truck Rodeo debuted last September and now is a bi-annual event, in May and September. The festival is now a free-entrance event and offers over 30 food trucks to sample. Honestly, last year I didn't have the patience to wait in the long line just to get in, although I heard great things about it. Sounds like the creators learned their lesson though and now offer a charity beer garden, much more seating and as mentioned above no entrance fee.
- 12pm-7pm @ South Lake Union
- Free entrance, just go enjoy the trucks. You can purchase a VIF pass for $25 ahead of time or $35 at the door, and avoid lines and get some extra swag.
- Food trucks include:
- Dante's Inferno Dogs
- Flair Taco
- Bistro Box
- Skillet Street Food
- Snout & Co
- Fusion on the Run
- Parking will be the typical street parking situation in this area, perhaps the bus would be a good option.
Hops and Crops Brew Festival – Craft brew and music festival all benefiting the restoration of educational programming at Mary Olson Farm.
- 12pm-6pm @ Mary Olson Farm (918 H St SE, Auburn Community Campus, Auburn, WA)
- Sampler admission is $15 for a taster cup and 5 tastes. Kids under 13 are free, general admission is $7.
- Tons of breweries, bands, crafts, kids fun and more.
Power Cup - $34.17 @ Amazon. It's a power inverter for your car. You can plug in anything!!
Funny Flasks - $18 @ Urban Outfitters. Enough Said.
Misfortune Cookies - $9.99 @ Think Geek. The cookies that hate you! I feel like I need to just start passing these around at work.
Have a great weekend!