Thursday, January 31, 2013

Oh Boy Oberto Kicks Ass

For some reason my desire and ability to blog just shut off for the last couple of months.  I'm pretty sure it started when my Secret Santa Swap partner didn't send me anything.  Not that I needed a gift, but I felt gypped by not being able to even link up because I had nothing to blog about.  I could have blogged about the gift I sent, but I thought that would be weird.  I'll link you to my recipients post just for shits and giggle, Adventures in the Fort. Woe is me...  I'll stop complaining now and start bragging!  I have something delicious to share with you.  


Oberto's jerky made the Consumer Reports for the best tasting jerky!!  Both of Oberto's brands made the top category, Oh Boy Oberto and Pacific Gold.


You may or may not know, but Jack Link's is Oberto's biggest competitor.  Jack Link's is a powerhouse, with tons of capacity and power to run the jerky show.  The problem is that their product sucks.  We do cuttings (tastings) every Monday morning and it's so clear that Jack Link's is gross.  It's dry, tasteless and tough, especially compared to Oberto.  To have Consumer Reports confirm this fact, is pretty exciting and great for my company of course.  It is extremely cool that a small (compared to Jack Link's), family owned company can make it to the top.  The owners still come to the plant on a fairly regular basis.

Art "Oh Boy" Oberto
The overall message is that jerky isn't amazing for you, but definitely 100 times better than meat sticks.  And Oberto got a big thumbs up because there aren't additives, it's All-Natural.  Jerky is a good source of protein, you just have to beware of the sodium.

It's been real blogger world.  I'm hopefully back!  I'm going to a passion party this weekend, so I know I'll have amazing stuff to blog about;)