Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Drink With Egg Whites? Gross! Magical Boxes.

Shopping for 90's Clothes
I'm going to a 90's housewarming party this weekend.  I'm pretty stoked!  I wish I had more time to prepare, because I would've gone a different direction.  But,  knew I'd be able to find something at Urban Outfitters, as pretty much all of their clothes have a 90's feel these days.


I ended up getting two shirts, but I've decided on this tank top I think. I picked up a matching head band so I can try for the Oksana Baiul look.  I would totally do the wave with my bangs, but I don't have bangs.

I had some time before Kathleen was due to show up so I ended up going to a bead shop.  I haven't been to one in years.  I'm looking to do this ornament project that I found on Pinterest.  I ended up spending $50 on beads, whoops.




Eating, Drinking and Catching Up with Kathleen
Kathleen met up with me at Americana; ever since I've been there I've craved the mini ahi tuna tacos.  They're so freaking delish, with the right amount of spice and flavor and crunch.  While we were waiting they served us truffle popcorn and my water came in a mason jar!  I know, I'm easily amused. I sipped on a very unique cocktail, a pineapple margarita.


After Americana we headed to The Saints Social Club for some Mexican food.  I'm still blown away by the fact that they had a drink with egg whites in it!  And they really wanted us to take $20 tequila shots,  NO WAY!

It was so fun to catch up with Kathleen, we haven't seen each other since June?  And that night we didn't get o talk much.


Came Home to Two Amazing Boxes
I've been waiting impatiently for my Petit Amuse box!  I can't wait to test out these tasty treats.  This stuff is hand made in small batches for sure, even to the point that ingredients are hand written in.  I will be reviewing these delights after I get a chance to try them.  In the box was:  Pistachio Popcorn, Oatcakes, 2 varieties of toffee (thyme, walnut & cherries and pop mix), Bee Nut Butter, Original Granola.




And my 2nd BirchBox!  This time I filled out the beauty survey so it should be a little more personal, we'll see.  It is so exciting to have a new fragrance each month to check out.  My BirchBox includes:  Custom Colored Polish, Matte Moisture Tint, Twirl Fragrance by Kate Spade, Soy Body Whip in Poppy, Custom Lace Hair Tie.  Reviews to come.