Friday, Saturday & Sunday, August 24th-26th
Evergreen State Fair – The fair speaks for itself: food, carnivals, animals, crafts, concerts, games, scones (oh that’s food), and of course rednecks. Who doesn’t love the fair?
- 10am-10pm all days until September 2nd
- $10 admission for adults, $7 for kids, kids under 5 are free
- Friday is Agriculture Day, Saturday is Race Day, Sunday is Fiesta Sunday
SAM Remix - Summer at the Olympic Sculpture Park – Celebrate summer at the park for a special evening of performances, talks, dancing and more. It’s a late night creative explosion. Also enjoy the current installments including some SAM’s Olympic Park collection.
Encontro das Aguas (Encounter of Waters) by Sandra CintoDetails:
- 8-11:59pm @ Olympic Sculpture Park
- $25 for adults, $20 for students
- The nights activities include:
- Show Brazil! brings the music and dance of Brazilian carnival to Seattle
- Seattle indie rockers BOAT tell stories of dinosaurs, real-life, punctuation and the ferocious sounds of lobsters
- Dance under the stars to the soulful beats of DJ Riz
- Create seed bombs to launch at home and grow into Washington wildflowers with Seattle artist Jeanne Dodds
- An outdoor screening of Jaws, overlooking the waterfront
- Sunset sketching with Seattle artist Julie Alpert
- And much more…
Pigs & Pipes Fundraising Event – This is for a good cause, raising money for the Seattle Firefighters. They have an annual event where they go to Colorado Springs for the IAFF Fallen Firefighters Memorial. This year they will sadly be putting three of their own on the wall, they definitely need support so they can be there for such an important memorial.
There is a pig roast and lots of entertainment, including the Seattle Firefighter’s Pipes and Drums Band. I’m bringing my dad, as he is a huge bag pipe fanatic.
- 12-6PM @ The Old Pequliar in Ballard
- $25 at the door which gets you food and entertainment.
- Beers are only $4
- Other entertainment includes: Irish Folk band, Kevin McCormack and the Bowsies
Slow Roots Festival – This is a music and food festival celebrating slow food. What is slow food might you ask? Slow food is an idea, a way of living and a way of eating. It is a global, grassroots movement with thousands of members around the world that links the pleasure of food with a commitment to community and the environment. They are offering fair food, and they don’t mean typical elephant ears and curly fries, they mean reasonable, equitable, local and sustainable. That other fair food.
- 11am-8pm both days @ Stanwood Camano Community Fairgrounds
- $25 for a one day pass, $30 for a two day pass
- There is a S’Winery, hosted in the Swine Barn! They will offer tastings, glasses and bottles to take home of regional offerings.
- There are beer gardens next to each stage offering beer from: Diamond Knot, Dick’s Brewing Company, Skagit Brewery, Laurelwood and Pike Brewery.
- Amazing menus including: pulled pork, NW grilled sockeye salmon, Samish Bay oysters on the half shell and gluten-free quiche. That is just a taste, there is a whole lot more, check out the website for deets.
Have a great weekend!